Monday, November 17, 2008

The blogging bug

Finally the blogging bug has caught me as well! Alas I overcome my laziness!

I am a fun-loving and jovial person who can chat endlessly. Friendship means the most to me. With my friends I can go on and on and can be the most talkative person you would find. I love to banter along, play pranks with my friends and can persistently tease them to death!

But my friends also say that I am quiet at times. I like my moments of silence and solitude. I generally don’t like to argue, especially verbally - one reason I never took part in debates during my school and college life, not that I was good at it! I have enjoyed many fruitful discussions with my friends on various topics especially in my hostel life and I really cherish all the bakar we had. But I tend to shy away from serious arguments.

I am not fond of people who are very rigid with their views. It’s not that a consensus has to be reached or someone has to change his or her mind for a discussion to be deemed good, but I don’t like it when someone is stubborn and not open or receptive to other person’s views. Thankfully many people are not like that but my shyness deters me from arguments even with them.

Even though I feel I have been very straightforward with my close friends, I am liable to be diplomatic on many occasions with others. Sometimes even being silent can be diplomatic. At times I have also been manipulative. Even with close friends I have been more of a good listener with honest opinions than someone who would voice out my own thoughts and problems.

I do have my views on various issues and through this blog I hope to put forth them in a more unequivocal manner. Writing is something that comes more naturally to me. As a mode of expression I prefer writing over most others as here one can properly channel one’s thoughts and express in one go. So here I come!

Disclaimer: Even though the title of the blog is inspired from the saying “Common Sense is very uncommon”, I don’t intend to be didactic and take a standpoint that my view is the rational view. The word “uncommon” can be rather connoted as unconventional. I would encourage comments from the readers, especially if it’s negative that could open my eyes to the fallacies in my outlook.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great way to start off....so typical vaibhav kinda article...looking forward to great work from u ahead...hehe...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogging world my friend...
    Hope to c more of of u thru ur blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the fraternity :) Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello hello! I didn't know this was in the works.

    Nice post to start off with. Very, how do I put it, natural? Hope to read your stuff, man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this should be your orkut "about me"!
    good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete